Wilderness Survival Experience
Wilderness survival skills enhance our connection to nature and connect us with our ancestral roots.
Wilderness survival skills provide valuable tools that can be life-saving in the wilderness. In our course you will gain the knowledge to meet basic survival needs.
This experience is suitable for families, individuals and professionals in all walks of life and can be fully adapted to meet the personal, business and continued professional development needs of everyone participating.
Experience the challenge of:
- Building survival shelters
- How to choose the right materials and construct a debris shelter.
Wilderness First Aid
- How to manage a minor and major bleed
- How to manage a burn
- How to manage an unconscious patient
- Improvised rescue stretchers
Fire lighting skills
- An introduction into basic fire construction and lighting
Search and Rescue Mission
- Finally you will undertake a search and rescue mission to locate and deal with a casualty utilising your newly obtained skills as a team
On completion of this experience participants with have achieved the following objectives and outcomes
- To Learn and Understand the importance of Survival skills
- To Learn and Understand the objectives and skills of a search and Rescue team
- To practice First Aid in Alternative situations
- Team Building
- Problem Solving
- First Aid
- Critical Thinking
- Survival Skills